Friday, January 4, 2013

guest nails

Hey all! Hope you had a fabulous Thursday! I know I did! Had a great day with my love...movies, shopping, visiting with family, and nails! I am one lucky girl who has been blessed with a great man...so great he even let me do his nails to keep up with the 31 day challenge! Such a sweetheart: 0)

I originally was going to do a double post today but time got away with me as it often does! So instead I will post both manis on this one post. Let's get started....

Day 2 if the challenge was silver. This is the one that my love graciously lent me his pretty little digits




Look at those little nubbins! :0) 
The silver challenge day was completed with a base coat of unforgettable moments platinium ( this is a polish that if I remember correctly, I picked up at Payless shoe store). The silver stamping was done using cheeky plates CH33 from their summer collection. The stamping polish was Nicole by opi positive energy.

Few notes about this design. For one thing positive energy is one of my favorite stamping polishes. It really covers well and gives me great pigment, if you enjoy stamping this is a great product to have in your collection. Also I am not the greatest stamper ( but I am hoping that practice will make perfect) but I have noticed what its hard to find plates that work easily, consistently, and where all the designed are deeply etched and give a good picture. However I received these cheeky plates for Christmas and the are amazing!!!! I have yet to find a design that doesn't transfer. Love love love them!

That being said lets move on to challenge day 3...gold.
This was difficult for me because I'm not a big gold girl. So it took a little scrounging and I wasn't very creative with the design. Regardless here it is.




I am working on trying to get some better pictures up. These actually have cute little flowers but they do not show well in the pictures. 

For this I used two coats of China glaze fast track followed by one coat of China glaze I herd that. The flowers were done with Essie penny talk, using a dotting tool and toothpick. Accenting them with rhinestones.

Hope you all enjoyed this long winded post! I am off to bed!!!

Until tomorrow.... Keep it polished!
<3 Jess


2 comments:

  1. OMG, Ray has such pretty fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No he did not let you do his nails!!! You better hold on to that one he's a keeper :) LOL Your stamping skill are amazing and your gold nails are beautiful too!! :)

    ReplyDelete