Monday, January 21, 2013

Quilted Nails

Hello again! As promised I am back with my second post of the day.
I gotta say I am proud of myself for being so productive!

As I mentioned in my last post, I was watching football with some friends while doing my nails, ( now that is my idea of Sunday fun day!) Anyways I have been wanting to do a quilted nail for a while and decided today was the day.




I started with 2 coats of Ulta's Blue Streak for my base. I have had this color for a while but have not tried it until today. I really enjoy Ulta polishes, they have a great brush size, amazing color, and go on really smoothly.
After letting that fully dry, I carefully applied strips of striping tape to produce my quilted pattern and once I was satisfied with the spacing I applied a generous coat of yet another unknown Sephora mini shown here

Sorry yet again for not knowing the name. Now that I am aware the minis do not have their names I will be sure to write down the next set I get.

Now for those of you who haven't used the striping tape in this way its important to know when you do this, the key is to remove the tape ASAP after applying the second color. When I first used striping tape I was not aware of this and it didn't end well.

I didn't like just having the one accent nail so I decided to spruce it up with some pinkish-purple rhinestones and topped it off with a generous coat of Seche Vite.


While I like these nails, I was hoping to achieve a bit more of a quilted texture. Will have to read up and see how other bloggers are doing it.

Well I'm off to bed, have a great night!
Keep it polished!
<3 Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment